About Me

My photo
Have you ever noticed how the movies you enjoy the most, or the movies that truly change the way you see things never seem to get awards? Here is the chance for we movie-watchers to vote on our own favorites and recognize the movies that mean something to us.
Click here to get local show times.
Click here for the latest celebrity news.

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Jane Austen Book Club (As was requested)


"All Jane Austen, all the time!" Six book club members find themselves in need of a little distraction in their lives as they beginning reading Austen's classic works. Instead, they find that the books are more than just a distraction: they are the antidote to life itself.
My coments Here is another film that no one heard about, but everybody who has seen it loved it. I was a little sceptical when I first saw the preview and I wasn't really sure I wanted to sit all the way through it. Well, what can I say? I was pleasantly surprised! There are no big names or famous actors, but they definitely chose the best people to make this movie. No movie critic would disagree with me: this is a very well done movie with a story that will leave you thinking and pondering for a long time. Don't forget to vote!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was a terrific movie, one of the most enjoyable for me for a long time. I just really appreciate it when movies are about people making the right decisions. (Resurrecting the Champ was like this too--how come it isn't on this blog?)

Great characterization and acting, even though there were no big names. I bought the DVD already, because I know I will watch it again.